We are recruiting for a Traditional Finance Manager to run the small German Subsidiary function of the business.
Responsible for one other team member, based in the North West with some travel to Germany.
Ideal candidate will take ownership of the role and have a flexible approach.
- Preparation of annual Budget and regular forecasts (usually quarterly)
- Preparation of variance analysis of the monthly and quarterly results
- Responsible for general ledger, accounts receivable and accounts payable
- management of the intercompany accounts
- Liaison with outsourced payroll bureau and European Accounting Centre
- Maintenance of fixed asset registers and other assets under both US GAAP and HGB
- Preparation of monthly VAT returns and Quarterly tax estimates
- Contact for company auditors and tax inspectors, supervision of and preparation for company audits
- Continuous improvement and maintenance of the internal control system
- Knowledge of German Language (do not need to be fluent)
- A Level standard education
- Qualified (ACA, ACCA or equvalent)
- Experience of auditing, tax and accounting for profit-focused organisations
- Medium sized accounting practice background preferred
- Experience in an accounting or finance function in an international setting would be an advantage
- Previous exposure to US GAAP and or HGB would be an advantage, however training will be provided.
- Experience of managing a small team, including performance management
- Several years professional experience in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, including commentary and analysis
Salary up to £60k plus car allowance or company car. Excellent benefits, onsite parking.
This is a full time permanent role.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.