Our client is looking for an experienced Maintenance Fitter to join their team on a permanent basis.
The purpose of the position is to carry out mechanical fitting including planned and preventative maintenance, defect identification and repair on systems within a busy manufacturing environment.
– Responsible for the maintenance of factory equipment and site facilities
– Conducting planned preventative maintenance
– Investigate failures and complete repairs efficiently to minimise production downtime
– Carry out installations, refurbishment and commissioning of mechanical plant to specification within agreed time frames
– Inspect, repair, install and test mechanical equipment ensuring mandatory legislative requirements are met
– Maintain an inventory of spares and materials and complete requisition orders
– Implement and maintain company procedures at all times
– Sound knowledge and experience of mechanical fitting
– High degree of Health & Safety awareness, with safety first approach
– Use standard engineering tools including: drills, lathes, milling equipment, presses, hacksaw, files, marking and measuring equipment, torque wrenches etc..
– Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and multi-task
– Demonstrate good working mechanical and electrical assembly methods and practices
– Excellent communication and team working skills.
Qualifications / Experience
– Recognised Engineering Apprenticeship & Qualification or equivalent
– Welding experience – MIG
– Electrical experience would be desirable although not essential.
Subsidised canteen on site, good bonus scheme including good contributory pension scheme and life insurance.