Due to continued company expansion, our client based in Rochdale have a new vacancy for a Production Supervisor, with a technical interest/experience.
Purpose of the role:
To supervise a small but busy Warehouse team on a daily basis and be actively involved in developing the goods inwards and goods outwards processes.
- Manage the Production function which includes Purchasing, Stock Control and Customer Returns
- Ensure excellent customer service is provided across all aspects of the company to both internal and external customers
- Deliver process improvements and efficiency gains through effective use of automation and streamlining processes.
- Manage the Production Schedule on a daily basis
- Update of build and test instruction manuals
- Having full knowledge of accurate product build position
- Ongoing liaison with outsourced assembler
- Oversee customer returns
- Ensure good working relationships with key suppliers
- Manage supplier lead times, ensuring suppliers meet deadlines
- Conduct regular ‘Bill of Materials’ reviews with team members to ensure correct materials are purchased at most competitive price
- Overseeing open PO’s and actively close on a daily basis
- Ensure stock is booked in and booked out
- Ensure company has accurate BOM’s at all times
- Conduct and manage regular stock counts at all company locations