We are recruiting on behalf of our client based in Oldham, an experienced Repair and Service Engineer, based on site at Oldham and occasional customer onsite work (UK).
A highly successful and well respected manufacturer and distributor of its particular products, enjoying continuous sales growth and profitability year on year.
Key points of the role:
- Trouble shooting mechanical (80%) and electrical (20%) issues
- Accurately testing equipment using factory based and mobile test plant
- Servicing and repairing a wide range of mechanical and electronic equipment both based at facility in Oldham and customer premises
- Trouble shooting – identifying the cause of product failures and rectifying the fault
- Variety from day to day – every customer and every job is different as is the solution
- Developing relationships with customer
- Identifying and developing new sales opportunities
- Advising customers on the right products for their specific application
- At least 5 years mechanical/maintenance experience within an industrial environment
- Technically competent
- Good PC skills and proven experience of Excel, Word and outlook
- Mechanical bias
- Meticulous approach to problem solving